What immediately rings in your mind on the mention of Yoga? Tight pants and flexible bodies twisted to unbelievable pretzel positions. Surprisingly, in contrast to common perception, there is a whole lot more to yoga than just flexibility. Yoga, a 5000 plus year-old Indian invention is an art that works on every element of the body physical exercise being just one of the components. It is an art in itself that incorporates lifestyle, philosophy, behavioral principles, meditation and breathing processes.
8. THE EIGHT LIMBS OF YOGA: A HANDBOOK FOR LIVING YOGA PHILOSOPHY
The common and misguided perception about Yoga is that it basically revolves around breathing and postures. The best way to counter a perception is by use of facts which is exactly what this shot guide out rightly achieves. Using simple, sensible and clear-cut language, this guide perfectly defines Yoga and expounds on how one can apply its principles in their daily life.
It takes us down memory lane with the 8-limb system that has now found application down the years since its introduction many years back. According to its authors Kevin Kimple and Stuart Sarbacker, this system is a model that be modified each time to create a deeper a broader understanding and expand its practice. An introduction and simple overview defining the fundamental nature of Yoga, it is unmatched chiefly because of its characteristic clarity, relevance, and conciseness.
- It is simple and practical.
- Well-written and easily accessible.
- It makes sutra patanjali philosophies appear less laconic and more transparent.
7. THE SPIRIT OF YOGA: A UNIQUE JOURNEY THROUGH THE EIGHT LIMBS OF THE YOGA SUTRAS OF PATANJALI
Cat De Rham, a practicing Yoga teacher redefines yoga sutras using her creative mind in text and images. This beautiful and inspirational book revolves around the 8 limbs as outlined in the Patanjali sutras inclusive of Niyama, Yama, Dhyana, Asana, Pratyahara, Pranayama, Samadhi Dharana which are the bit-by-bit guide to realizing true liberation.
- Beautiful Overall presentation using photos and creative syllables.
- Simple although reflective.
- Provides a profound insightful interpretation of Yoga.
- Light read.
6. THE 8 LIMBS OF YOGA KINDLE EDITION
The showpiece of Yoga Sutras is, of course, the 8 limbs of Yoga. In this Kindle edition book, Bhava Ram the author takes practicability to a whole new level by applying these 8 limbs in modern life situations ensued by a detailed idea-rich outline of how we can use this reflective wisdom to transform our lives. In this book, the author’s underlying message is the notion that every one of us has an innate inner power that can unfold out inner creativity and unleash our optimal potential.
- Easy to comprehend.
- Applicable in real life situations.
5. EIGHT LIMBS OF YOGA – THE STRUCTURE AND PACING OF SELF-DIRECTED SPIRITUAL PRACTICE
This Yogani authored book is a wonderful and effective integration of multiple and diverse yoga practices that are applicable in day to day activities in modern life. It creates a perfect balance between abiding with the modern life philosophies while still appreciating ancient Yoga Patanjali sutras values.
With this book, Ancient applicable innovations are incorporated for use by modern self-guided enthusiasts and practitioners. The in-depth scheming of this book reveals that the nervous system of the human body is the showpiece of every spiritual progress. When these techniques that have stood the test of time over the years are utilized in an integral manner to inspire spiritual transformation, there is a possibility of attaining spiritual unfoldment in a religious or cultural provision.
- Easy to understand.
- It is a wonderful introduction to 8 Limbs of Yoga; excellent for amateurs.
- Concise and straightforward.
4. YOGA: SELF LOVE THROUGH YOGA (BREATHE)
If you are a yoga enthusiast that hasn’t quite identified how to fully breakout or are just a beginner striving to explore the vast realms of Yoga and don’t quite have an idea o where to start, then this is the guide for you! This guide by Lei Camille is a simple way of learning yoga. It is a 137 paged guideline for virtually anyone that wants to identify their inner self through yoga, learn best poses and or even those that want to incorporate into their lifestyle
- Perfect for anyone that is a fan of Yoga even beginners.
- It defines and explains the benefits that come with Yoga both physical and mental.
- Very informative.
- Stimulating to read.
3. YOGA’S HEALING POWER: SEARCHING INWARD FOR GROWTH, CHANGE, AND PEACE
Introduced some 1600 years back, Ally, the author of his 216 pages book, describes how this ancient tradition can be utilized in modern life to transform life. With this book, you learn how to transform your life from inward motivation by utilizing the mind, body, emotions, breath, memories and even pains. By applying hands-on exercises, scheming through healing stories and use of meditations, this book assists you in unearthing your innate gifts for you to start enjoying life fully.
- Deeply compassionate and practical.
- Relatable and inspiring.
- Shows application in modern life.
2. THE YAMAS & NIYAMAS: EXPLORING THE ETHICAL PRACTICE OF YOGA
For those Yoga buffs that need an in-depth journey into the deep realms of Yoga, this 192 paged book is the ideal match for your requirements. This wonderful book discusses all eight limbs of Yoga profoundly and categorizes them into sections to give you a better understanding. It begins with a spiritual guide where the first two of the 8 limbs are expounded on, this is a chapter about owning your life and taking control of it. It is also complimented by a self-study segment that terminates every chapter. This segment can be used to initiate group discussions.
- Easy to read and understand.
- Works perfectly as a Yoga teaching guide.
- Relatable to modern life circumstances.
- Concise and accessible.
1. THE YOGA SURAS OF PATANJALI (Best Seller)
Topping off the list is probably among the most valuable, insightful and well-outlined books to be published in respect to Raja Yoga and the direction of concentrating and meditating. For anyone seeking to abide by a spiritual line of living, this is the perfect guidance to direct your quest. Of all its 272 pages, none is short of insight and some degree of wisdom.
It presents Sutras in a pure form and applies commentaries and translations from one of the most prominent Yoga masters, Sri Swami Satchidananda. Sri Swamiji, the author has presented some important tips based on personal accounts and experiences in his journey of mind mastery and attainment of harmony emotionally, mentally and physically which can be applied in modern day life.
- A thorough guide into the Yoga context.
- Easy to understand.
- Great commentary and translation.
- Interesting and thought-provoking.
- Is a wonderful training guide even for Yoga teachers.