When camping or traveling in our RV or motorhome, finding the right power source is essential. Ove the past 70 years a wide variety of connectors have been in use commonly among RV campgrounds and parks. The same goes for generators. Some have standard RV ready to connect outlets, while others have more common 50 amp female ports that require an adaptor. Be ready for whatever type of connector you may encounter with these top choice cables and adaptors for use with the best generators for RVs and most common power post outlets in use today.
8. AC WORKS 1.5FT RV/Generator 30Amp Plug to Tri-Outlets 5-15R Adapter with Power Indicator
For those times when you need to connect a household appliance directly to a power output at a campground or even directly into the generator you are using for your RV, this adaptor is a great choice. The male end plugs into the power port of the generator or campground power post and on the other end is a three port standard grounded plug bar. The power bar portion has a power light that shows when the unit is ready to use. Standard connections on both sides L5-30P to (3) NEMA 5-15R. This is a perfect option for those who need to use items such as party lights, crock pots, blenders and more while outside of their RV.
- L5-30P to (3) NEMA 5-15R
- 1.5’ anti cold cord stays flexible even in severe cold weather
- LED power light turns green when ready to use and red when overloaded
7. Conntek Heavy Duty 50 Amp RV Power Cord
This standard service cord provides a lot of nice features that make it a great replacement for the cord that came with your RV. Standard 50 amp connectors on both ends, the female side also features locking connectors for added safety and reliability. LED indicators are blue when working and turn red when in overload. The cord has angled connectors for ease of handling and offers maximum strain relief. Thick black STW jacket is durable and will provide years of great service. The easy to grip connectors will prevent frustration and difficulty even when connecting in wet weather conditions. You have decided to purchase one of the best generators for RVs on the market, now pair it with one of the best service cords around. This cord is available is 25’ and 50’ lengths.
- Angled connectors for ease of handling and strain relief feature easy-grip texture for comfortable grip even in bad weather
- LED lights show connection status and overload state clearly, making it easy to see them even from inside the RV
- Screw on connector style on the female end helps ensure a stable and solid connection
6. Cable Matters 4 Prong 30 AMP to 50 AMP RV Adapter – 1.5 Feet
This power service cord connects your RV with a male input screw type connector to a standard 50 amp power source such as a portable generator, power post at a campground, or daisy chain connector on another RV or motorhome. The screw type connector helps to ensure that the connection is tight and secure for both reliability and safety. The 600V thermoplastic jacket makes this cord very durable and highly weather resistant. The easy grip connectors make hooking up or unhooking a snap even in wet or cold conditions. The 1.5-foot length is ideal for close connections where you don’t want to use your long 15’ cord that came with your RV. This is a great basic RV power cable that connects to every type of power post and generator sold available in the US that offer 50 amp service for the past 30 years. The small size and low cost make it a must-have add-on for your RV.
- The short length makes this an idea extra cord to use for those campgrounds, resorts, or parks that have very close connections
- The durable 600v Thermoplastic jacket provides years of weather resistant and reliable service
- Screw type connector on the female ensure a tight and secure hookup
5. AC WORKS EV Charging Adapter for Tesla Use (L14-30 30A 4-Prong Locking to 50A RV/Tesla)
Many RV owners are well equipped to connect to most generators or power posts at campgrounds, but with more and more RV and motorhome owners choosing to tow their regular road vehicle behind, and the proliferation of electric vehicles, what are you to do when you need top up your EV but are nowhere near a charging center. The answer is here. This adaptor allows you to connect your Tesla vehicle’s charging cable to an RV campsite power post, standard portable generator, or even a motorhome with a 30 amp power out port. Now you can charge your Tesla using the same power sources that you use for your RV or motorhome. This adaptor is easy to use and does not require any special configuration, it’s as simple as plug and charge. One note is that you will need to manually set your vehicle’s charge mode to max 24 amps before starting the charge cycle to prevent over amperage conditions, but this is easy to do via your onscreen interface in your Tesla.
- Charge your EV, RV batteries, or Tesla vehicle from any standard 30 amp power source
- Easy to use, just plug and charge
- Easy to grip and sturdy construction for years of trouble-free use
4. PROLINE 30Amp 4 Prong Locking Male to 50Amp Female Adapter Cord, Generator RV Adapter (4 Prong)
This cord is one of the best on the market not only due to its small size, but also thanks to its oversized easy to grip plugs. The bright yellow plugs are easy to see even in low light conditions and the easy grip makes hooking up and unhooking simple even when conditions are wet or cold. Standard lock type male connector to standard female. This four wire RV cable is the perfect companion to your RV be it or use with a personal generator or a standard campgrounds/RV park power post. 1.5’ long for short distance connections.
- Short length prevents trip hazards when using close connections
- Bright yellow, easy to see plus on both ends for low light simplicity
- Oversized easy grip plugs for ease hooking up and unhooking even in cold or wet weather
3. Conntek Y1450520S NEMA 14-50 50-Amp 125/250-volt RV/Generator Y-Adapter Plug to U.S. 15/20-Amp Female Connectors
The Conntek Y1450520S allows you to easily connect two standard household style NEMA 15/20 amp male plugs to any standard NEMA 14-50 50 amp RV power post or portable generator. This is the perfect companion for the best generators for RVs currently on the market today if you want to have the convenience of using your RV generator for powering portable electric devices when camping or traveling. The 1.5’ length is ideal for safe use with your generator or power post. Combine with a heavy duty power strip for even more convenience. Bright yellow coloring is perfect for low light conditions and the easy grip connectors are perfect for hooking up even wet weather if necessary.
- Perfect for hooking up a small fridge, blender, or other appliance outside of your RV when camping or traveling
- Two standard household style plugs with automatic over amperage protection
- Easy grip and bright coloring on connectors for ease of hooking up and unhooking
2. Miady 30AMP Male 4-Prong Locking Plug to 50 AMP Female 12 Inch RV Generator Adapter STW 10/4 Power Cord
We have all had to deal with power service cords and connections that are a pain in the neck to hook up and unhook, especially in cold or wet weather. This 12-inch jump cable is the perfect solution. Connect this to the power output port of your generator or power post using the locking male connector and then plug your standard 50 amp service line to the easy grip female connector (or you can plug your RV pigtail directly in if you are close enough to the power post). The finger grip design makes it easy to unhook when you are ready to move along. Don’t struggle and pull anymore, thanks to this easy to use and easy to grip jumper cable. Oversized connector on the male side makes locking and unlocking as well as connecting and disconnecting easier.
- Durable PVC jacket is weather resistant and built to last
- Finger group handle on the female side makes unplugging easy even in the wettest of weather and with the tightest of connections
- The short length makes it easy to store and handle even in cramped RVs
1. Camco 55422 PowerGrip 12″ 30Amp 4 Prong Locking Male to 50Amp Standard Female Generator Adapter
This standard 12” pigtail connector is ideal for easily connecting your RV to a portable power generator or campground/ RV park power post. The locking male connector and tight connect female port ensure that you will have a secure and safe hookup. The durable cable jacket is resistant to pinching, weather, and twisting. The short size is perfect for extreme close connection. Sure-grip connectors and textured grip on the locking connector make hooking and unhooking easy even for those with grip problems.
- The short length is ideal for close connection without having to deal with extra cable
- Sure-grip connectors for easy hooking and unhooking
- Durable cable jacket resists weather, twisting, and pinching