African American hair has a wide range of textures. Therefore, it’s quite challenging to maintain it in the natural state. A majority choose to keep it completely short or to straighten it using various methods. The Afro hair cannot be permanently straightened. However, one can opt to use relaxing treatments or using chemicals to temporarily straighten it. In addition, the use of flat irons, curling irons and blow-dryers also assists in occasionally keeping this type of hair straight. Below is a list of the best Flat Irons for African American Hair that you can use this year.
8. MADAMI Pro 2″ Infrared Hair Straightener Flat Iron
This flat ironhas a heater made of metal-ceramic which heats up in 30 seconds. Consequently, it is 60 percent faster in styling and straightening Afro hair as compared to some flat irons. Its infrared technology seals moisture fully and infiltrates the hair cuticle. As a result, the hair gets to maintain its natural shine and look. This is because it heated from the inside part to the outside and it encourages the hair to recover after every pass. Additionally, the flat iron employs a technology called heat-symmetry. This distributes heat evenly across the eight micro-sensors it has. Furthermore, it also regulates the temperature effectively. The ionic plates which are made with Ceramic Tourmaline allow an obstacle-free contact between the heat and hair. Thereby, reducing frizz and promotes silky gliding to allow it to be used on all Afro hair types. The tourmaline infused in it allows the flat iron to be durable and crack-resistant.
- This flat Iron has a lockable function. Consequently, it permits you to store it easily and it’s also portable. It has a temperature safety control that automatically shuts down when it gets too low.
- Additionally, it has a digital temperature control measure that has 11 modes with a maximum heat of 450 degrees F.
7. SILKY Hair One Pass Flat Iron 475 degrees Hair Straightener
This flat iron can deal with all afro hair types including the most difficult types of hair. It is quite versatile; therefore, it performs many functions like flipping, curling and straightening afro hair. Moreover, it heats up to a maximum of 475 degrees which allows for even distribution of heat in your hair.
- This hair straightener employs digital control and vibrating plate technology with vibrating and floating plates. In addition, it releases negative ions.
6. SABUY Ceramic flat Iron for Hair
The flat iron has a swivel cord that is placed at 360 degrees and third dimension floating plates. Due to the release of negative ions by the ceramic, the flat iron is static free and it will leave your hair as silky as ever. The temperature can be adjusted to 140 degrees F and 446 degrees F which can deal effectively with all afro hair types.
- The Sabuy flat iron has a shutoff feature that is automatic. In addition, it has a global dual voltage that allows you to alter it automatically when connected to an adapter.
5. 2 in 1 Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron for All Hair Types
This two in one curl iron and straightener from FURIDEN has a one-step directional switch that works promptly and leaves your hair silky and smooth within a short duration. The flat iron employs the MTC technology which is the latest standard for heating used by hair appliances. Additionally, it heats up within 15 seconds. Consequently, it’s versatile, resilient, lasts longer, saves time, and saves energy. Furthermore, it has a long swivel code that turns 360 degrees and allows you to have more control while using it. In addition, the floating plates have curved edges which allow the heat to be distributed evenly.
- The flat iron comes with two salon hair clips, a glove that is heat resistant, a bag for the flat iron, and a salon comb. It also includes an automatic shut off and a global dual voltage. Moreover, it has a warranty that lasts for six months.
4. KIPOZI Pro Nano Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener with Digital LCD Display
The KIPOZI Pro Nano Titanium Flat Iron has Titanium plates. The 1.75-inch plates assist in distributing the heat evenly while straightening it while leaving it silky and shiny. Additionally, during Keratin Treatment, it allows for 30 seconds of instant heating up. This is a two in one flat iron that includes a curl iron function. It has a setting that allows you to adjust the temperature with a range of 170F (80C) to 450F (230C). This range suits Afro hair of all types. Furthermore, it has an LCD display and it includes a snugly fit handle with full contact.
- The flat iron includes a universal travel adapter of 100 to 240 volts, which adjusts automatically when connected to a compatible port.
- It also has a safety auto off feature. Additionally, it comes with a velvet travel pouch and a gift pack. Furthermore, it includes a money back guarantee, a straightener and instructions.
3. INFINITPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
This flat iron has a one-inch floating plate which is extra-long to assist in styling your hair faster and also maintains smooth and shiny hair. It straightens the hair with uniform heat and maintains the heat levels due to the ceramic heater which allows a heat up of up to 15 seconds. Additionally, it employs the technology from Tourmaline Ceramic that prevents the hair from getting damaged. Moreover, it also reduces stray hair, static energy, and frizz. Furthermore, it has an automatic off; it includes 30 settings for heat with 455 F as the highest heat.
- It includes a limited warranty that lasts for five years. It also includes infrared energy that promotes smoother results and less frizz.
- Additionally, the purple flat iron comes with Argan Oil which protects and conditions the hair.
2. KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener
This flat iron is made of Titanium and it ensures that heat is equally distributed on your hair. It provides full contact with your hair and it doesn’t put any obstacles while straightening your hair. Therefore, it ensures that it leaves it silky and shiny. Additionally, it has a specialized floating plate which is 1.75 inches. Moreover, the temperature of the flat iron can be adjusted up to 170F/450F. However, it also includes a safety temperature measure that is intelligent which automatically shuts off when the temperature decreases.
- The KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener comes with a heavy duty power code that doesn’t tangle. The swivel code is eight feet long. It also includes a velvet traveling pouch, instructions, and a straightener. Additionally, the flat iron has a durable handle and an edge design that is round. The handle keeps you away from heat and snugly fits in your hand.
1. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron hair Straightener
This first generation flat iron is meant to straighten African-American hair of all types and it also includes a thermal protectant. This includes coarse hair and fine hair types. In addition, it can be used to curl, flip or even straighten the hair. This flat iron is made of plates of ceramic tourmaline material. The solid 1-inch plates employ a heat technology that uses infrared heat. Additionally, it also has a six-foot cord that has a swivel of 360 degrees. The packaging of the flat iron may vary from white to red.
- The HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron comes with a pouch and a glove. Moreover, it also includes leave-in hair treatment that is made of Argan. This treatment comes in a travel size package.